Wednesday, June 29, 2011

How To Interrupt a Vampire's Good Time

I can remember that one night, at my place, when we nearly . . .” Tremayne's sultry voice purred in my ear over the phone.
Yeah,” I said, squirming in my seat.
We should take a road trip, somewhere. Just you and me. Get the hell away,” he suggested.
Mmmm. Not gonna happen,” I said.
That reminded me of the time he pulled me out of that house, rescuing me on his big Harley, and sped off into the night. We wound up at his private place, which is now his new headquarters. He almost took my blood.
But that reminds me of something else. Something important. The vampires are now allowed to hunt humans. I kid you not. So be aware of that, please, when you go out at night.
Sabrina Strong here. I'm filling in for Lorelei today. I think she's gone off with her hubby, for a little get away day. Cool.
I didn't start out as a vampire slayer. I still don't think of myself as a sibyl, or anything but me, Sabrina Strong, a touch clairvoyant who just happens to have been bitten by a werewolf. Oh, and you'll find out what happened to that guy in the second book of my adventures.
But, I got off my original track. I thought I'd discuss with you the basics of vampire lore and the confusion that people have about them.
Like you can't tell a human from a vampire by using the mirror/reflection technique. That won't work, like in all the Dracula movies. Vampires have a reflection. They have physical bodies; why shouldn't they have a reflection?
I wouldn't recommend slaying a vampire yourself. Vampires don't sleep in coffins and believe me they are completely dead to the world as some would have you believe. In other words, you wouldn't be able to sneak up on one and put a stake through his heard. And Buffy, she is The Slayer, so she can do it one-handed, which is cool.
I, on the other hand, have this cool dagger. Well, I can't tell you too much about it, it might spoil the next book for you, so I won't say anything else about it.
But if you do wish to sharpen a couple of stakes, just in case, be sure it's the right kind of wood. oak, hawthorn, ash, rowan are all good to use.
Crucifixes are good too to thwart a vampire's thrall, but only if that vampire was a Christian in their human life. And a believer. All important things to know.
But, if you aren't really up to staking a vampire—gak, who is?--just go for the old reliable; holy water in a water pistol. Works every time!

2 comments:

  1. Good to know! Thanks for the info Sabrino. I always love your posts. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Heather. Lorelei got back and is pooped after her big hike in the woods. But she'll be back tomorrow, I'm sure.
    ~Sabrina

    ReplyDelete

Talk To Me...

AUDIO BOOK NOW AVAILABLE!

Hi, everyone, I have some great news! My first Sabrina Strong book, Ascension, is now in an audio book format.  NOW THAT I HAVE YOUR ATTE...