Monday, January 9, 2012

Dragon Monday Coffee Klatch

Unfortunately all good things come to an end.
I go back to work today (but it would be good to make money again!) I've been very busy, in as far as my writing goals and working on getting my newest book out there so that people know about it. I almost feel like a carny shouting at the passers by trying to get them to throw a hoop over a milk bottle.

Well, not really, but you know what I mean. I tweet, and belong to several writing groups on facebook. I'm not sure if anyone even notices my book at all the way others post on these sites.

OTHER STUFF:
I've been working through the third book in the Sabrina Strong Series--so you guys will just have to wait until I'm ready to turn it over to my publisher, and then they do their thing. Getting a good book out there is important. I don't think you want me to give you something that is below the standards of writing you expect from me. And I'm really excited about this next book, too. I'll be talking about it more in the coming months.

I've also begun a mystery novel, as those of you who stop by my blog must know by now. It's nice to have someone on the inside to tell me somethings I didn't know. My nephew has been with the sheriff's police for a few decades now. He's been helpful. I've always wanted to try writing a mystery, and finally I think the time has come.

But writing two different novels, plus having a fourth in the series in a first draft PLUS ideas for the 5th one swirling around in my head... my time will now be limited on what I can do and when. My blogs may also become fewer as well.

So, as I write this--actually it is the night before--I go back to my job knowing I've accomplished quite a bit over a two-week period.

Have you accomplished some goals lately?

4 comments:

  1. Yes, I have. I finished MY rewrites to the last 12 chapters to Secondhand Shoes. Portions of it have been seen by you and two other beta readers and I'm picking through the suggestions.

    This year it WILL be published.

    Thank you, Lorelei.

    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Verry good, Shelly! I'm rooting for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Lorelei - great job - you are really on a roll. And Shelly, best of luck to you with "Second Hand Shoes." I am eagerly awaiting your book. Today (it's Tuesday) is not a great day for me, not even a mediocre day so I'm not feeling that great. I'm in the middle of some renovations which blew up in my face and I'm exhausted. As soon as I post this, off to bed I go. Tomorrow IS another day...

    Speak soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by, Dora. Hope things work out (^;

    ReplyDelete

Talk To Me...

AUDIO BOOK NOW AVAILABLE!

Hi, everyone, I have some great news! My first Sabrina Strong book, Ascension, is now in an audio book format.  NOW THAT I HAVE YOUR ATTE...