Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Indies: Choose Your Fonts!

Hello, my pretties. How are you doing? I know. A long winter, depending upon where you live. We just had 6" of snow, and drifting, yesterday. Now... fog. And we'll see warming temps, rain later on in the week.

Well, you didn't stop by for a weather report, so I'll get down to it.

If you are Indie author you may be trying to find places that make things easy for your publishing experience. Some of you are doing your own covers, in some way or another. I know I plan on having someone to take a couple of pictures for me for my next cover--but I'm in no hurry.

The next thing you need is a font. You don't know what font to use for whatever genre you are writing, take a look here. It will give you an idea of what sort of fonts you might want for your book.

Now, you can pay someone to do this for you (like the guy above), or you can do this yourself. Here is the best FREE place that I've found to create not only a title for your book, but something for your blog, such as banners and anything you want, really. Something like this maybe...

There's no end to what you can choose to do with any font you chose at Cool Text.
When you get there you can see the many fonts that they have. Plus, under each font you will have a multitude of styles to choose from, and after you choose one, you have even more choices. You can even make them blink!


There are so many you'll probably spend half a day looking through them all.

Here's a sample of what I've done with these fonts:
Here is something I've been working on--my next novel called Dhampire Legacy.
It's a bit too fancy for what I want. There's also this one...


but you can see that there are lots of ways to go with Cool Text. If I can do this, so can you! Try it!

2 comments:

  1. In terms of what I'm comfortable with using for text, I've generally gone with Arial as a font.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, William, get out and live a little... (^;

    ReplyDelete

Talk To Me...

AUDIO BOOK NOW AVAILABLE!

Hi, everyone, I have some great news! My first Sabrina Strong book, Ascension, is now in an audio book format.  NOW THAT I HAVE YOUR ATTE...