Friday, November 26, 2010

Black Friday--No Way!

I have to admit something to you. Not until maybe ten or so years ago, I didn't know what "Black Friday" meant. I didn't pay too much attention to it, really. I was too busy either writing, or probably cooking up some turkey gravy to go over left over biscuits. Either way, I don't like getting up that early to jump out into a cold car, drive around a parking lot--anywhere--and then being pushed, shoved, trampled by crazy nuts trying to get a bargain.

No thank you. I don't even like to go into a WalMart on a regular shopping day! That is not what I live for. And you know that this day was created by the retailers just to get you in there, they will have limited supplies just to turn everyone into sharks trying to get one little fish. That's nuts. Our server yesterday seems to think this is part of the fun. I get that sort of fun driving a bus. Thank you.

I protest this day by staying home. *raspberry*

Besides, on Saturday, when I go into the store (WalMart), it's dead. I can get everything I need get out safely and go home.

So, I'm going to get some writin' done today, folks. Hope you'll do the same.

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you on that, no Black Friday for me! Happy writing! That sounds like a much better plan.

    ReplyDelete

Talk To Me...

AUDIO BOOK NOW AVAILABLE!

Hi, everyone, I have some great news! My first Sabrina Strong book, Ascension, is now in an audio book format.  NOW THAT I HAVE YOUR ATTE...