Monday, April 9, 2012

Coffee Klatch Monday ~ April Showers???

Hi my pretties. A little sampling of my art work done on a long-dead computer via "paints". The poem within is mine as well. "This morning's coffee reveals no remorse for deeds done" This was an old one-liner poem I wrote possibly 3 decades ago, although I can't remember now. But I do remember that line popping into my head and I wrote it down. Poignant, don't you think? Especially if you did some deeds the night before you're not exactly proud of, but then again, you are in denial. I think that's what I was reaching for, anyway.

April is supposed to be rainy. If you recall the old saying "April showers bring May flowers"? Well, we ain't getting the rain. We are in a dangerous dry period. I believe the weather service has put up a "red flag" meaning that open fires of any kind could spark a fire. Living in a forest preserve you worry about such things. And the farmers are equally worried. We have not had much moisture all winter and very little this spring, and I'm sure this will not bode well for the planting season.

I'm debating just how much flowers I might plant, seeing that I may have to water every day. But I want to have my usual pretty petunias and marigolds and I might just plant some gladiolas as well.

What will you be planting this spring? Or have you already, depending upon where you live. Let me know. I'd love to hear from all of you who stop by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk To Me...

AUDIO BOOK NOW AVAILABLE!

Hi, everyone, I have some great news! My first Sabrina Strong book, Ascension, is now in an audio book format.  NOW THAT I HAVE YOUR ATTE...