Friday, October 7, 2016

Creepy Clowns to the Left of me...

Have you seen them?
They seem to be popping up everywhere...

Creepy clowns lurking kids into the woods. Pictured: A participant of ...

In the news people are reporting having either seen, or having been threatened by people who take on the clown persona. Coincidence that it's closing in on Halloween?

A link to just one of those stories (if you get through the stupid mini ad) here. And this is a better one on UTube.

It's gotten to the point that dozens, maybe hundreds of people have gone out "hunting" clowns with golf clubs and hockey sticks. A rebooting of ye-old times tale of hunting the monster, me thinks.

And if you're on facebook, don't get it in your head you can get away with scaring people with threats. It has not gone well with those who have done this either. One youngster got caught. Well, it might have been because he used a school issued computer to do his dirty deeds, but yeah. He wasn't too smart.

A friend told me that if you dress up as a clown this Halloween you may be arrested. The police are not going to be laughing at your costume. You might have to spend it in jail.

I told my friend this is just like yelling "fire!" in a theater. People are not going to be laughing. And it's against the law. Period.

Anyway, when I heard about this, I thought I would incorporate it into the next Lainey Quilholt murder mystery book. Whenever I get to write that. I needed some sort of prank for a sort of side story, and add some drama, maybe some suspense to the book. This foot the bill, since Lainey is going to start college in the second book. I thought a scary clown lurking around campus would be just the ticket to keep readers on edge.

I, for one, will stay home and hope no clowns come terrorizing us in the middle of the night, out here in the boonies.

Next time you see someone in clown make-up wandering around in the woods you maybe wondering who, what, why, and can I run faster than him?


3 comments:

  1. There are a lot of clowns in our neighborhood. But none of them are in makeup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apparently Stephen King is telling people to knock the clown thing off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ~Norma, ha-ha!
    ~William, is that right? Well, he sort of is responsible for the idea, isn't he?

    ReplyDelete

Talk To Me...

AUDIO BOOK NOW AVAILABLE!

Hi, everyone, I have some great news! My first Sabrina Strong book, Ascension, is now in an audio book format.  NOW THAT I HAVE YOUR ATTE...