Friday, July 8, 2011

Are You Ready For Harry Potter #7 Part 2 Movie?

I'll be going to the last Harry Potter movie, and probably have tears in my eyes the whole time. So, now you know, if you didn't already, I'm a Harry Potter fan.

My love of the H.P. books and movies ignited my desire to write fantasy above all else. I realized, once I got into the wonderfully creative books by J.K. Rowling, this was the sort of writing I should be doing, but for adults. It was why I wrote my first book, Spell of the Black Unicorn. I had wanted something more adult, but nothing was out there. Thus I spent about 5 years working on the plot, the world, and characters and then the story.

And because I wanted to see the trailer and any other news on this movie I went to http://mugglenet.com From this site you can find the trailer, see some great posters, even buy them I guess. And there is something called "Pottermore" that is being introduced by Ms. Rowling. If you are a true fan you will want to add your email to it and see what this is all about. There are not a lot of details. We're to be left in the dark until it happens. I suppose it may be writings and other things Rowling may present to those of us who have signed on.

There are some movie houses which are going to show the first part #7 the hours before midnight of the release of the last movie, thus anyone who wants to watch both movies back-to-back can sit through something like 5-6 hours of the last book on screen. Better get your rest if you plan on this!

Okay, I've had a long, tiring week and I've had little sleep some nights (a neighbor decided to fire off some fire crackers, oh, I guess it was Wednesday night up into the later hours. Nice to not have to get up for a job, I guess!)

Also--dare I say it??? I've already begun thinking about the fourth book. I've got scenes in my head. Do these people (my characters) realize I haven't even gotten the second book published yet? And here they are all capering around in my head doing things and I have to keep writing notes or making them on my little recorder.

Hope to post something later this weekend, and that everyone has a good one. And . . . no more fire crackers, I hope!

2 comments:

  1. Smiles to you! No-No and I will be going to see the last movie. She's my only daughter that loves HP. It's our thing, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to have a thing and Harry Potter is a good thing! Have fun, Shelly!

    ~L.

    ReplyDelete

Talk To Me...

AUDIO BOOK NOW AVAILABLE!

Hi, everyone, I have some great news! My first Sabrina Strong book, Ascension, is now in an audio book format.  NOW THAT I HAVE YOUR ATTE...