He said "Well, all the hard work is done, huh?"
"No. Not really," I said. "Promoting it is a lot of work too. What I need is for people to talk about it to other people. Give it support."
Since Tony read and loved my book (gave it 4 1/2 stars, and compared my writing to Anne Rice), he was happy to oblige. He told me he would get in touch with his ex-editor and give my book a shout out. I told him that would help me.
I love being in touch with my audience, and talk about the books, it gives any author a sense of accomplishment--to know that they enjoyed the first book and want to read the next one so badly they can't wait for the second one to come out, and are willing to help give it a boost.
Are you one of those people? Are you willing to help out and share the news of my second book's launch Vampire's Till, and have a chance to win a copy (ebook or paperback--your choice)?
If so, here is what I'm doing this month. From Monday the 5th, up through December 24th, I'm having my book launch. If you wish to be part of it this is what you can do:
1. Be or become a follower on this blog--and make a comment that you are / have done so.(1point)
2. Follow the book(s) on my Fan Page on facebook--you can request to join it and I will add you to it, if you are not already there (this will count as 2 points)
3. Post about the book on your blog. Or you can host me at your blog, if you wish--I would love to be on your blog. (2- for posting about it, 3 points for hosting me on your blog at some point)
4. Follow the book tour every week and share on Twiter, and/or facebook, or post about the tours (my appearances) as they happen. (2 points each:Twitter, facebook, post)
5. Each week I will be on another blog, and will announce it on Monday, beginning this Monday. Stop by, grab the link and post about it on your blog during the week, Tweet, share to facebook and leave a message in comments noting that you did. (1 point for each thing--total combined 3 points)
Each thing above has point values, as marked. For the next 3 weeks you will add to your points every time you do any of the above things.
At the end of the 3 weeks (December 25th) I will add up the points for each person. Second place winner will have their choice of ebook of either Vampire's Trill OR Vampire Ascending--ebooks or the paperback copies.
First place winner will win both books (choice of ebook or paperback)! Plus...
PLUS: EACH WEEK I WILL ADD ONE CHRISTMAS GIFT TO GO TO THE WINNER!
Items will vary, but these are things that might be added:
Again, it will be up to you, if you continue to come back to this blog, announce/comment on one of my blog posts Monday thru Friday, throughout the month what you have done and I will announce the gift of that week on Sunday. I will announce winners on January 1st.