Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Attention to Detail

I've always been a person who needed to put in detail. While an art student, I drew with ink and pen and did the most detailed drawings. Then my eyes began getting bad in my late 40's and drawing was a bit difficult.

But today isn't about drawing at all. Today is about gardening. Look at picture below and tell me if you think this isn't a natural-looking setting.


I worked on this yesterday, hauling in rocks, moving dirt, digging up the snow-on-the-mountain plants you see draped across the wood. One is a very large grape vine, below it is actually a piece of split-rail post (which I sawed by hand!). The rocks I've moved from an area I no longer use and this took a few loads because rocks are heavy.

I love when blossoms come on and I'd like to share a few with you today.

These are bluebells

This is a black variety of hollyhocks, which I've been enjoying for a few years.
Hollyhock are biannual

above are the pink and white hollyhock, and in front are the daylily "Stella de Oro"

Foreground is the brick which I put in myself a few years back. The white flowers along the edges are candytuft and alyssum. In background are the daylillies, and to the very right is wormwood, has a nice silvery-blue color which I love. 

And here is a garden visitor you absolutely want--a dragonfly.  We have a larger one with a white body that looks menacing (to mosquitoes), that comes through once in a while. 

I'll have more blossoms coming up soon. My Shasta daisies, and other things next time.

3 comments:

  1. They're all beautiful.

    I used to be an artist, too, but arthritis and bad eyesight put an end to that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think we see hollyhocks here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ~Norma, it's hell getting old!
    ~William, really? Must not be able to take that cold stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Talk To Me...

AUDIO BOOK NOW AVAILABLE!

Hi, everyone, I have some great news! My first Sabrina Strong book, Ascension, is now in an audio book format.  NOW THAT I HAVE YOUR ATTE...