Monday, April 15, 2019

As If I Needed The Reminder, Doc.

It isn't enough that I keep on getting mailings about it, reminding me of my turning a certain age.
But the government had sent me this in the mail to pretty much smack me in the face with a reminder...



I've been in a panic since the first of the year. What am I supposed to do? Pick an insurance company that has me paying monthly premiums? Well. No. I refused to give in to panic and told myself I had plenty of time, but I wish I knew what I had to do. Or if I had to do anything.


So, when I opened the little pamphlet (from Medicare) and read it, I find out I'm automatically enrolled in part A and B (they take $130 out of my social security payments every month, so it's automatic and I don't have to do anything). They've sent the card, which isn't viable until the first of August.

It's the drug part D that's to figure out. As if I need drugs. Wait, that was just a joke. I think.
What I do take is not prescription. I take something for my joints, something like this...

My husband told me I shouldn't panic. Well, I was feeling panicky anyway. I had no idea this was going to be such a pain in the ass, but yeah. It is. I don't want to think about this stuff. You're only as old as you feel. Right?



 I don't need a doctor (knock on Dr. House's cane), and I'm losing weight (I've gone back to Atkins, because its the only thing that works for me) I've lost 9 pounds since starting this in February. We had to get a new scale, because I was certain the old one wasn't accurate. Boy was I right. Thing was, I was heavier than I'd thought, by maybe 6 pounds, or more!

My birthday isn't until August, so this whole thing is months before I could use it, should I need it. The last time I went to see a doctor, just because it was free because I had insurance, the doctor looked at me and asked me why I came in. He deemed me healthy, and with a great attitude.



So, for the time being, I'm working to get my weight down, and feeling good about myself again. My father was never sick, didn't really believe in doctors. He lived to be 80. I think I'm on the right track for making that number, eventually.

2 comments:

  1. I haven't been sick enough to need a doctor in some years, so I don't have a personal physician.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No. I don't either for same reason. Let's hope this trend continues, eh?

    ReplyDelete

Talk To Me...

AUDIO BOOK NOW AVAILABLE!

Hi, everyone, I have some great news! My first Sabrina Strong book, Ascension, is now in an audio book format.  NOW THAT I HAVE YOUR ATTE...