Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Who Let the Zombies Out? ~ Sumiko's Reads!

Foreword:    Sometimes Sumiko surprises me with what she is reading. Sometimes she inspires me.   Sometimes I worry about what she's got going on her kindle. Should I?
I went to Amazon and read the first line of Feed, I could see this was going to be tongue in cheek . . . um . . . well, you get what I mean.
Note: Mira Grant is the author of the Newsflesh Trilogy and she is also Seanan McGuire who writes the Toby Daye books.
And I then totally realized that I promised you zombies. .. well not zombies exactly but a write up of the Newsflesh trilogy.  These things are connected:  Seanan McGuire and Mira Grant are the same person.

And as such:  the newsflesh trilogy is quite as much fun to read asher Toby Daye books.  

How to describe them:  they are series of political/medical thrillers disguised as zombie novels.  The characters are vivid and so is the writing.  The books are fast paced and very enjoyable.  I think that they are by far the most enjoyable zombie books I've read.  (And I have tried quite a few - there are quite a few out there now!)

The books are:  Feed and Deadline - which are out now and Blackout which will come out in the Spring of 2012.  There is also Countdown ~which is a prequel that was released electronically only.  Very interesting to read that after having read the first two books and a nice way to assuage hunger from that 'verse while waiting for Blackout.

The books feature siblings Georgia and Shaun Mason and their friend and blogging partner Buffy M.  They get hired by an up and coming politician to blog his presidential campaign and wackiness ensues . . . in an adrenaline/danger filled sort of way.

Sumiko

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk To Me...

AUDIO BOOK NOW AVAILABLE!

Hi, everyone, I have some great news! My first Sabrina Strong book, Ascension, is now in an audio book format.  NOW THAT I HAVE YOUR ATTE...